By Eugene Borgida,Susan T. Fiske
- Features unique chapters written through a number of the prime specialists within the box of psychology and legislation together with Elizabeth Loftus, Saul Kassin, Faye Crosby, Alice Eagly, Gary Wells, Louise Fitzgerald, Craig Anderson, and Phoebe Ellsworth
- The 14 concerns addressed contain eyewitness identity, gender stereotypes, repressed thoughts, Affirmative motion and the demise penalty
- Commentaries written by way of prime social technological know-how and legislation students talk about key criminal and medical issues that emerge from the technology chapters and illustrate how mental technological know-how is or can be utilized within the courts
Read or Download Beyond Common Sense: Psychological Science in the Courtroom PDF
Similar forensic psychology books
"This ebook describes violence probability evaluation in either juveniles and adults, incorporating dynamic and static elements, besides remedy alternativesÖ. .Research and perform are mixed really well, in addition to evaluate and therapy. there's something for everybody the following. " ranking: ninety one, four stars--Doody's"Forensic clinicians will locate this publication to be a necessary reference publication in addition to a really invaluable medical remedy advisor suitable to violent offenders.
Rape continues to be essentially the most debatable matters inside of felony justice and gets excessive profile assurance across the world. regardless of the numerous adjustments there were to the legislation, perform and strategy within the research of rape allegations, and aid on hand for sufferers, sufferers are often blamed for his or her victimization.
Targeting juvenile move and disposition reviews, this quantity offers an updated integration of present legislations, technology, and perform with recognize to juvenile hazard evaluate, therapy needs/amenability, and sophistication-maturity. integrated are views in relation to foreign practices, use of specialised overview instruments, and a separate bankruptcy on resentencing following US ideal court docket judgements on juveniles sentenced to crucial lifestyles with out parole.
- Criminal Psychology: Topics in Applied Psychology
- The Wiley Handbook of What Works in Child Maltreatment: An Evidence-Based Approach to Assessment and Intervention in Child Protection
- Forensic Psychology For Dummies
- Preventing Boundary Violations in Clinical Practice
- Biologic Regulation of Physical Activity
- The Scientific Foundation of Neuropsychological Assessment: With Applications to Forensic Evaluation (Elsevier Insights)
Additional info for Beyond Common Sense: Psychological Science in the Courtroom